BACHELOR OF ARCHITECTURE
Create better places that would make a community more livable
Situated in PES University’s rich and intense educational environment, the program emphasizes the interconnected relationship between architectural design, building technology, computation, history, theory and criticism of architecture and art. The Department’s extensive offerings reflect the program’s commitment to the cultural, social, technological and ecological issues of the built environment. Committed to a rigorous and interdisciplinary approach throughout the program, our students are challenged to be creative, innovative, and responsible leaders in the field. The program is planned to engage new ways of thinking about architecture and architectural education.
Today, the architectural profession is of high relevance. The need is to ensure that what is built is environmentally sustainable. The architectural endeavors should not just suit the present but also the future. A career in architecture offers opportunities to transform the environment in which we live to what we want and to contribute works of value and beauty.
In this regard PES University is setting up undergraduate architectural studies, i.e. Bachelor of Architecture degree program named PES University, Faculty of Architecture (FOA). FOA is committed to imparting quality education and would like to make a difference by making its students look beyond conventions and engage in innovative ways that would benefit the profession and the society at large. The FOA will be set up under the approval and guidelines of the Council of Architecture, New Delhi, a statutory body for Architecture in India. A 5 year undergraduate program leading to a bachelor of Architecture degree is being offered.
WHY CHOOSE TO PURSUE A B.ARCH DEGREE?
Those who love buildings and design. Those who have a knack for problem solving and a flair for drawing and visualization could choose this program. If you want to contribute to the society, you could play a role by being a responsible architect who would create better places that would make a community more livable.
PES University, FOA is founded on a strong research base, with academic staff involved in research, planning and academics.
PESU, FOA houses vast infrastructure facilities, state of the art resources.
Some of the courses may use Virtual Learning Environments, an online tool designed to support teaching and learning.
RESOURCES AND FACILITIES
PESU, Faculty of Architecture houses :
- Classroom with audio visual facility
- Library with plentiful books, national and international journals and e-library amenities.
- Material museum with vast exhibits from the construction field.
- Climatology lab with the latest equipments
- Digital photography lab with well equipped accessories.
- Exquisite art studio
- Exclusive Fab Lab and Model Making workshop
- State of the art computer lab with up to date software.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The B. Arch degree at PESU, FOA satisfies the Council of Architecture’s requirements. The curriculum aims to integrate both academic and professional values and standards specific to the profession of Architecture. The curriculum includes two stages of studies. The first stage of six semesters . The second stage of four semesters. In the 8th semester, Architectural Design project is undertaken. In the 5th Year the students are expected to undergo professional training in an architectural office. The B. Arch program at PESU has a growing team of distinguished faculty members who bring in a wealth of professional experience in addition to having graduated from premier institutes. The architectural faculty consists of full time and visiting faculty. Faculty from allied disciplines of art, humanities, civil engineering and mechanical engineering are also in the team. Thrust will be on amalgamation of academic theories and practical knowledge of industry by the faculty and research.
OPPORTUNITIES ON GRADUATING WITH B.ARCH DEGREE?
Architecture graduates will find employment in established architecture firms. They will usually start by assisting more experienced architects before managing projects on their own. After they have gained experience the graduates may start their independent practice, they may pursue higher education, they may involve themselves in Academic fields and research. Apart from the above, graduates may pursue in interior and spatial design fields as well as website design, or perhaps other roles within the community and local environment, like town-planning, landscape architecture or even sustainable areas may be taken up.
There are some specialized areas that could also be of interest to those with a passion for the environment and history-such as conservation of historic buildings and places. If one has the flair to write about architecture and design, cover events for magazines and websites, related to this domain they can specialize in Architectural Journalism. Within the broadcasting industry, production designers in the film and TV industry need people who can visualize and produce sets and realistic locations. Architecture graduates could fulfill that brief too. These are just to name a few and the possibilities are numerous.
ADMISSIONS & ELIGIBILITY
Admission through PESSAT counseling (For the 45% of seats):
- Apply for B.Arch at PES University by visiting our website www.pes.edu or by visiting the link http://pessat2016.pes.edu/pessatreg/default.aspx
- NO PESSAT TEST conducted for B.Arch applicants. Admissions are through the NATA score and marks obtained in 10+2 or Diploma.
- The registered candidates need to upload their NATA scores into the link http://pessat2016.pes.edu/pessatreg/barchlogin.aspx
- First round of Counseling cum admission will be conducted at PES University tentatively on 8th June for the students based on the NATA scores uploaded on our website. The candidate who wish to appear for the counseling must have fulfilled the eligibility criteria of 50% and above aggregate in 10+2 or Diploma or International Baccalaureate.
- Top 5% of the students (based on the NATA, 10+2 or diploma scores) selected through the counseling will be eligible for PESSAT merit category “A” seats wherein the annual fee will be same as the CET fee. Rest of the students will be put under PESSAT merit category “B” seats.
Admission through CET (For the 40% of seats):
- The candidates can apply for CET and attend the counseling at CET cell
- The candidates selected for PES University through CET will have to approach PES University with the admission order issued at the CET cell
- Admission will be done at PES University
Candidates must have passed 10+2 with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate and should have studied mathematics as a mandatory course
Candidates must have passed 3 year diploma (any stream recognised by Central or State Government) with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate and should have studied mathematics as a mandatory courses
International Baccalaureate Diploma after 10 years of Schooling with not less than 50% marks in aggregate and with Mathematics as a compulsory subject of examination.
Candidates must have secured a minimum of 40% marks in the All India National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) conducted by Council of Architecture (CoA).
NOTE: NATA would be conducted for one day only and that for more info they can refer to www.nata.nic.in.
Admission for NRI/ Sponsored seats/ higher fee category seats (For the 15% of seats):
The candidate can provisionally block the seat with PES University (subject to availability of seats, please talk to the admissions office at PES University for more information on blocking the seat)