Advantages at CDS
- Emphasis on education for the real world.
- Involves training in R and STATA for Data Analytics.
- Focus on Interdisciplinary and contemporary issues.
- Unique Laboratory for Economics: Hands-on approach.
- ‘Teaching with Precision of Science and Elegance of Arts’.
- Advanced and specialised courses.
- Frequent field visits and talk by renowned scholars.
- Continuous Evaluation throughout the course.
M.Sc in Applied Economics @ Centre for Development Studies, PES University
- PES University is a Private University recognized under 2013 Act of Govt of Karnataka.
- PES is a Vibrant University with its own satellite in space.
- Centre for Development Studies @ PES offers unique programme in M. Sc in Applied Economics
- CDS has set up an unique laboratory for economics.
M.Sc. Applied Economics: Following degree or equivalent, B.A/ B.Sc. in Economics/ B.Com/ B.Stat/BBM/BBA/B.Sc. (Physics/Mathematics and Environmental Sciences)/BSc (Agri)/ B.Tech. /B.E. Candidates with 1st Division.
How to Apply – PESSAT
The admission to the programme will be through PESSAT, which is a computer based test conducted at PES University, Bangalore. The test shall be to assess the basic understanding of the student in Basic Mathematics, Logical Reasoning, English and Indian Economic Issues. The candidates who clear PESSAT with an eligible score will be called for an Interview.
For more information about PESSAT and to register online, please visit
- Subramanian S, Assistant Professor at CDS attended workshop on “Contemporary Rural Issues”, March 27, 2018 at Indian Statistical Institute.
- Biplab Sarkar, Assistant Professor at CDS Attended a special lecture on ‘Who Gets What in the Word? Insights from the Global Consumption and Income Project’ by Dr. Sanjay Reddy, New School for Social Research, New York, organized by the Economic Analysis Unit, Indian Statistical Institute, at the 125 th Anniversary of Professor P. C. Mahalanobis on January 18, 2018.
- Two days National Conference on Sustainable Development: Indian Perspective was organized by CDS on 16th and 17th March in MRD Auditorium.
- One day Symposium on The raison d’etre of a Constitution was organized by Faculty of Law on 28th Feb, 2018.
- Subramanian S, Assistant Professor at CDS organized field study tours for M.Sc Applied Economics Students to Chikkaballapur as a part of the ongoing research methodology program on 18th February and 25th March 2018.
- The Faculty of Law, PES University, had arranged a visit to the Central Jail, Parappan Agrahara, on March 5, 2018 for the students.
- Participated workshop on “Contemporary Rural Issues”, March 27, 2018 at Indian Statistical Institute.
- Participated in MANASA – International Seminar on Mental Health and Wellness, 23rd March, 2018.
Sarkar, Biplab (2018), ‘Vulnerability of Small Farmers in Product Market: Insights from Village Studies’, a paper presented in the International Conference on Agribusiness in Emerging Economics (ICAEE), organized by TERI University in collaboration with Syracuse University, New York State, South Asia Centre, Moynihan Institute of Global Affairs, New York, and Emerald Publishing, United Kingdom, January 3-4.