The relevance of good quality research work is lost if it is not effectively communicated to the policy making community. The Centre understands the importance of constant communication and intends to bridge this gap by encouraging initiatives like working papers, journal publications and CDS@PES newsletter.
CDS has developed the CDS Working Paper series. The working paper series benefits the faculty, visiting fellows, students and researchers by providing an opportunity for peer review of their research work before publication. The working papers could be papers dealing with issues of public policy at a sectoral, regional or national level. These working papers undergo review but typically constitutes work in progress.
List of Working papers published:
- WP 001: “COMPARING METHODOLOGIES USED FOR UNDERSTANDING TECHNOLOGY ADOPTION” by Dr Chidambaran Iyer
- WP 002: “PUBLIC EXPENDITURE POLICY INTERACTION AMONG THE STATE GOVERNMENTS IN INDIA” by Dr Prachitha and Dr K R Shanmugam
- WP 003: “MACRO MASKING OF MICRO REALITIES: ACCESS TO FOOD AND NUTRITION AMONG TRIBALS” by Dr Nitin Tagade and Dr R S Deshpande
- WP 004: “OFFICIAL STATISTICS ON INCOME FROM CROP PRODUCTION IN INDIA, by Mr Biplab Sarkar (forthcoming).
- WP 005: “WATER STRESED, COMMUNITY DISTRESSED AND CROPPING MECHANISMS: STUDY OF GROUND WATER SCENARIO IN SEMI-ARID AREAS OF KARNATAKA” by Dr Satyasiba Bedamatta (forthcoming).
- Deshpande (2016), Two steps forward- One step backward – A story of Inclusive growth, in) Gayithri and Raju (eds), State, Governance and Financing India’s Development, New Delhi, Foundation Books
- Chidambaran (Forthcoming)’ Understanding Impact of Technology Interventions in Indian Engineering Education ‘.
- Satyasiba (2017) Vulnerability to Climate Change: A Sub-regional Analysis of Socio-economic and Agriculture Sectors in Karnataka, India (with others), Journal of Development Policy Practice, 2(1), SAGE.
- Satyasiba (with others) (2017) Climate Change Vulnerability and Agrarian Communities: Insights from the Composite Vulnerability Index of Indian States of Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka, The Indian Economic Journal, SAGE, Pp 124-141.
- Sarkar, Biplab (2017), Cropping Pattern, Yields and Crop Incomes: Findings from Three Villages Surveyed in Karnataka, in Madhura Swaminathan and Arindam Das (eds.), Socio-Economic Surveys of Three Villages in Karnataka: A Study of Agrarian Relations, Tulika Books, New Delhi.
News paper/Web articles
Faculty and scholars at the Centre also are encouraged to give their opinion on contemporary issues through newspaper/web articles. This will help the Centre communicate with the general audience and establish the Centre reputation across the spectrum.