MTech in Power Electronics
B.E. in Electrical Engineering
She is a member of IEEE, IET and IDES. She has life membership of ISTE.
She is B.E. in Electrical Engineering from REC Rourkela (now known as NIT, Rourkela). She did her M.Tech in Power Electronics from BMS College of Engineering, Bangalore (VTU). She is third rank holder in Karnataka.
Prior to her M.Tech, she was with INDAL (Indian Aluminium Co. Ltd, now taken over by HINDALCO) for 7 years. She has a rich experience of working in an aluminium plant and coordinating with prestigious customers like Crompton, Videocon, Godrej etc.
Her total teaching experience is 11 years in Bangalore. She has taught in colleges like RVCE and CMRIT, to name a few.
She has done 1 year of research work on a DRDO project, in Aerospace Dept., IISc., Bangalore.
She has taught courses to PG students in Power System Training Institute (PSTI) for 2 batches in 2014 and 2015.
She has been a reviewer for Elsevier journal. And she has also chaired international Conference on Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (ICEECS), held in Bangalore on 22nd July 2012 (ISBN: 978-93- 81693-71-1).
She has been “Prakalpa” Coordinator in 2012, 2013, 2016.
She is doing her PhD in the area of power system stability improvement using nonlinear techniques.
Her areas of interests are: Power Generation (Renewable and non-renewable), Tansmission and Distribution, Power System Analysis and Stability (PSAS), Computer Aided Power System Analysis.
I. Published Journals
1. “Multi-Machine Stability Using Dynamic Inversion Technique”, Accepted in IJECE Journal
2. “A model-following neuro-adaptive approach for robust control of high performance aircrafts”, Automatic Control in Aerospace, Vol.3, No. 1, May 2010.
3. “Effective Damping control with TCSC Using Dynamic Inversion Technique”, Journal of Electrical Engineering and Technology (IJEE Journal), vol. 21, No.2, pp. 67 – 74.
4. “Excitation Control of Synchronous Machines Using Dynamic Inversion Technique”, ACEEE International Journal on Recent Trends in Engineering & Technology, vol. 11, June 2014, pp. 446 – 455.
II. Conference Papers published:
1. “A Two Level Message Adaptive Steganographic Approach” , 20-21June 2010 , pp. 139-143. doi:10.1109/ACE.2010.19, ACE '10 Proceedings of the 2010 International Conference On Advances in Computer Engineering, ISBN : 978-1-4244-7154-6.
2. “Robustness Study of Dynamic Inversion Technique Used in Power System Stability Analysis”, IEEE International conference on Circuit, Power and Computing Technologies ICCPCT 2013 held at Noorul Islam University, Kumaracoil on 21st and 22nd March 2013, pp. 435-438, ISBN: 978-4673-4921-5.
3. “Dynamic Inversion Technique for TCSC under Varying Voltage Conditions”, IEEE sponsored International conference, Power & Energy Systems: Towards Sustainable Energy PESTSE 2014 (March 13th-15th, 2014), pp. 1-4, ISBN: 978-1-4799-3420-1.
4. “Power System Stability through Nonlinear Control of Excitation”, IEEE sponsored International conference, 3rd International Conference on Computation of Power, Energy, Information and Communication, ICCPEIC 2014 (April 16th -17th , 2014), pp. 294 – 297, ISBN: 978-1-4799-3826-1.
5. “Damping Improvement Using Dynamic Inversion Technique in Power System”, TENCON 2015, Macao, 1 – 4 Nov. 2015, pp. 1-4, ISBN: 978-1-4799-8639-2
Other International Papers:
1. Stability Of a Two Bus Power System by Using Dynamic Inversion Technique, International Conference on Electrical Engineering & Computer Science(ICEECS), Bangalore, 22nd July 2012.
2. Dynamic Inversion Controller for Improving the Stability and Damping In Single Machine Infinite Bus System, Abha Tripathi, Dr. K. Uma Rao, 8th Control Instrumentation and Systems International conference CISCON-2011, 3rd – 6th Nov 2011
3. Power System Performance improvement using TCSC through Dynamic Inversion Technique, Abha Tripathi, Poorvi Binaikiya, Soumya Shyamasundar, N4C11 National Conference on Computers, communication and Controls, Held at RVCE on 30th April 2011
4. A Neuro–Adaptive Approach for Robust Control of High Performance Aircrafts with Parameter Inaccuracies - XXXII National Systems Conference Dec. 17-19, 2008 Organized by: Department of Electrical Engineering (IIT Roorkee) & Systems Society of India.
5. Robustness Study of a Dynamic Inversion Control Law for a High Performance Aircraft – Abha Tripathi and Radhakant Padhi - Proceedings of the International Conference on Aerospace Science and Technology, 26-28 June 2008, Bangalore, India.
III. Conference/ Seminar/ Training/ Workshop Attended
1. One day tutorial on Introduction to Solar PV System Sizing, held on 2nd August 2013, at KTPO Exhibition Centre, Bangalore, Organized by SEMI India in Technical Collaboration with National Centre for PV Research & Education, IIT Bombay.
2. Advances in Switchgear & Protection Technologies, held on 4th – 6th July 2013, at PESIT.
3. Modeling And Control of Power Electronics Systems, MCPES-2013, held on 18th – 201th March 2013, at PESIT.
4. “HVDC Systems” held on 6th and 7th of August 2012 at PESIT.
5. Modeling, Simulation and Analysis of Modern Power System, three day workshop organized by EEE Dept., RVCE Bangalore, from 27th – 29th July 2012
6. PSCAD and RTDS Asia Conference Jan’11-13, 2012 at hotel Lalit Ashok, Bangalore
7. Two day workshop on “Research Methodologies & Latex” on 21st & 22nd November, 2011 at Vidya Varadhaka College of
8. Training in PSCAD Power System Simulator, Nayak Power Systems at UVCE, Bangalore on 5th and 6th August 2010.
9. Seminar on “Introduction to research Investigations in Recent Years in Electrical and Electronics Engg.” – 16th March’09 at BNMIT, B’lore.
10. One-week workshop on “Advanced Control Systems” – 10th – 14th Sept’07 at IISc, B’lore.
11. Short term Training program on “Modeling Techniques in Electrical Sciences using Matlab” – 26th – 30th March’07 at Dr. AIT B’lore
12. Workshop on Power System Simulation Laboratory – 29th, 30th Sept’05 and 1st Oct’05 at BIT, B’lore.