Post Doc - Sustainable Technology
Ph.D. - Biotechnology
M.Sc - Biotechnology
Dr. M.S.Dinesh is the Assistant Professor , Department of Biotechnology Engineering (UG & PG Studies) at P E S University, Bangalore. He completed Ph.d., degree from Indian Institute of Horticultural Research (IIHR), Bangalore in the field of cell culture product as biopesticides and biofertilizers with the best thesis award from Indian Councial of Agricultural Research (ICAR) New Delhi. He has done his post doctural research programme at centre for sustainable technologies, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore in the field of therapeutic peptides from indigenous mesofauna awarded first place in the biopharmaceutics area by DBT-Government of India. He has completed his master degree in life sciences with first class from Bangalore University. He has 17 years of teaching and 20 years of research experience.He has handled many course subjects in the field of Biopharmaceuticals, Food Biotechnology, Agricultural Biotechnology, Animal Biotechnology, Environmental Biotechnology , Molecular biology and Genetic Engineering. He is recognized guide for PES University and VTU to guide M.Sc., (Engg.,) Research and Ph.D., students. He has 13 International, 04 national Journal publications, also 12 International 32 National conference publications secured many best research paper awards. He is in the edutorial board of Indian Journal of applied research, Korean National centre for research resource, Indo frech cell for organic waste management, Life member Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE), Society for Biological Chemistry (SBC), Association for advancement in Horticultural Ecosystem (AAPMHE), Indian Society for Soil Biology and Ecology (ISSBE). Selected as a trainee researcher by Biocon academy. Presented research innovations at Chung ang university, Seoul, Korea, Krakov, Poland. He has awarded sponcered research projects in the field of bippharmaceuitcs by VTU, RGUHS, ISHWM, AICTE MDROB.
Awards and Honours:
Pofessional Recognition/ Award/ Prize/ Certificate, Fellowship received by the applicant.
|Name of the award
|Senior Research Fellow Ship
||Indian Council of Agricultural Research
||Jan.2001 to Dec.2004
|Post Doctoral Fellowship
||University of Agricultural Sciences, Bangalore
|Post Doctoral Fellowship
||Centre for Sustainable Technologies, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, through DBT-GOI
||Korean National Research Centre on Bioresources, Chung-Ang University, Seoul, South-Korea.
||From Jan. 2016 till date
- Recognised research guide for Visveswaraya Technological University, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences.
- Life member of Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE).New-Delhi.
- Life member of Karnataka Rajya Vignana Parishath, Scientific body of Govt. of Karnataka.Bangalore.
- Life member of Indian Society for Soil biology and Ecology, Bangalore
- Life member of Association for Pest Management in Horticultural Ecosystems, Bangalore.
- Life member for Indian Society for Hospital Waste Management, New-Delhi.
- Life Member, Society for Biological Chemists, IISc, Bangalore.
- Life member for Molecular biology Quarterly Newsletter published by ELSIEVER.
- Reviewing Member ELSIEVER Electronic Editorial System; Online publication system for scientific research articles in various journals.
- Member of organising committe of Molecular Mechanisms and System Biology, Protein folding dynamics and diseases, Bioprocess and simulations.
- Organised Community Development Programme on Vermicomposting to Garden and House keeping staffs of PES University
Interactions with Industry:
Associated with the following industry for placements, student internships, workshops and training.
GRB Foods Pvt., Ltd., Hidustan Uniliver, Aurigen, MTR foods, Novartis, Natural Remidies, Ameliorate Biotech., Pvt., Ltd., Multiplex Biotech., Pvt.,Ltd.,
Interaction with Govt. Agencies:
Research and Academic association with faculties and scientists of Indian Institute of science( Centre for Nanoscience and engineering), Veternary College, Hebbal,Dept. Of Pharmacology, Dept. Of Biotechnology, Univerwity of Agricultural Sciences, Bangalore, Division of Entomology, Indian Institute of Horticultural Research, Bangaore., Institute of Animal Health and veternary Biologicals.
1 Dinesh.M.S. and Mani.M “Biocontrol of Spiralling whitefly Aleurodicus disperses” Common wealth Journal of Biocontrol Vol.2(1),21- 29,2004
2 Dinesh.M.S.Mani.M. “Mass culturing technology for Cryptolaemus montrouzieri a predator for Aleurodicus disperses” International Journal of Biocontrol Vol.4(2),35-55,2005
3 Dinesh.M.S. Radha D Kale “Study of earthworm biodiversity in the different agro ecological regions” International Journal of Soil biology Vol.7(3),12-26,2006
4 Dinesh.M.S. Radha D Kale “Mole taxonomy of earthworm Eudrilus euginiae” International Journal of Genomics and Proteiomics” Vol.3(2),33-48,2007
5 Dinesh.M.S. Radha D Kale Effect vermicompost on the suppression of plant pathogen in Catheranthus International Journal of Horticultural sciences Vol.6(4),2-18,2008
6 Dinesh.M.S. Girish.S Molecular charactirization of earthworm gut enzymes European journal of Biochemistry Vol.8(2),9-31,2009
7 “Cytotoxic effect of coelomic fluid of earthworm Eudrilus eugeniae” Biomedical & Pharmacology Journal, Vol.1(2),33-46. 2010
8 Dinesh.M.S. and Vaishnavi Venugopal “Fermentation of Medicinal Herbs for enhancement of antimicrobial activity” Journal of Herbal medicine and Toxicoloty Vol2(4), 26-39. 2011.
9 Dinesh.M.S. Krishnamurthy.V. Vaishnavi Venugopal “Ecofriendly treatment of Biomedical waste through vermitechnolgy” Bioresource Technology Vol.1(3), 31-.42. 2012
10 Dinesh.M.S. Geetha.K.S.Suma Sridhar. And Krishnamurthy.V Molecular characterization of anticancerous peptides from Eisenia fetida Journal of Biotechnology and Bioresearch Asia. Vol.3(4), 11-23 .2013
11 Dinesh.M.S. Chandana.P.G. Krishan murthy.V and Radha D Kale Anti coagulant and procoagulant activity of coelomicfluid of Polypheritima elongata International Journal of Applied Research Vol.6(5), 98-.110. 2014
12 Dinesh.M.S. and Madhusudhan. D.H. Antidiabetic property of Garuga pinnataon Streptozotocin induced diabetic rats International Journal of Ethnomedicine Vol.8(2), 131-.142. 2015
13 Dinesh.M.S. Veena G Sonole, Krishnamurthy.V. and Radha D Kale Development of organically derived vermimeal for Poultries. International Jouranal of veternary feeds Vol.2(6), 11-.34.2016
14 Dinesh.M.S. Vidya.N. Krishnamurthy.V. and Radha D Kale Production of Stempeutics from Immune cells of Eudrilus euginiae International Journal of Stemcells applications Vol.5(3), 31-.52.
15 Dinesh.M.S. Vidya.N. Krishnamurthy.V and Radha D Kale Cytotoxic potential of Eudrilus eugeniae coelomocyte culture supernatant against tumor cells International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications” Vol.6.(8),202-205.
16 Dinesh.M.S. Veena G Sonole, Krishnamurthy.V and Radha D Kale Nutrition profile of Vermimeal as Organic Supplement for Poultry” International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology Vol.5(9),18838-18845,2016
17 Dinesh.M.S. Sri Harsha.C.S. Ravikumar.A. Krishnamurthy.V. and Radha D Kale “Mechanism of Heavy metal detoxyfication by Pontoscolex Corethrurus coelomocytes” International Jornal of Advanced Science and Technology Vol.12(3),1961-1755,2017.
International Conference Publications:
1. Dinesh.M.S. Chandana.P.G. and Krishnamurthy.V. 2015, “ Role of earthwormmetallothionin for remediation of heavy metals in soil, Paper presented in international conference on vermitechnology, Authens, Greece, November 20-23, Organised by Department of Agriculture, USDA.pp.12-15.
2. Dinesh.M.S. Shrey Anand , Krishnamurthy.V. and Radha D Kale,2014. “Earthworm coelomocytes an effective source for production of Fibrinolytic enzymes” Paper presented in the International Earthworm conference, Oct.18-22, Viracruz, Brazil.pp.9-11.
3. Dinesh.M.S. Malashree, Merry Bowmik , Krishnamurthy.V. and Radha D Kale,2013. “ Plant growth promoting activity of vermiwash on commercial crops, International Conference on sustainable technologies, organised by IIT, Chennai. Pp.15-16.
4. Dinesh.M.S.Amrutha Raj.A.Eranna. Manjunath and Nagaraj 2012. “Screening the plant growth regulatory activity of vermiwash in the micropropagation of commercial crops” Paper accepted for presentation in international conference on food engineering and biotechnology, going to held at Kualalumpur, Malasia, between 21-22, 2012.
5. Dinesh.M.S. Geetha.K.S. Kavitha.S, Chandana.P.G. and Krishnamurthy.V 2012. “Glucoronidase and antioxidant activity of bodywall extract of Polypheritima elongate” Paper accepted for presentation in international conference on food engineering and biotechnology, going to held at Kualalumpur, Malasia, between 21-22, 2012.
6. Dinesh.M.S. Geetha.K.S. Kavitha.S, Chandana.P.G. and Krishnamurthy.V 2011. “Screening the anticancerous potential of Coelomicfluid of earthworm Polypheritima elongate and Eudrilus eugeniae using Brine Shrimp Lithality Test (BSLT), Paper presented at II International conference on present trends and future prospects in pharmaceutical sciences, between 21-22 July 2011, organized by PES college of Pharmacy, Bangalore.
7. M.S.Dinesh. Geetha.K.S. and Radha D Kale 2010. “Molecular mechanisms associated with heavy metal tolerance in three epegeic earthworm species” Paper accepted for presentation in the 9th International Symposium of earthworm Ecology (ISEE9), held at Xalapa, Veracruz state, Mexico. September 5-10.
8. Dinesh.M.S. Geetha.K.S. and Radha D Kale 2009. “Assay, quantification and functions of epigeic earthworm gut enzymes with special reference to vermicomposting of agricultural crop residue” Paper presented at The International Eleventh Earthworm Symposium in Korea, between 31st July to 4 August 2009. Organised by Department of Life Sciences, Chung-Ang University, Seoul, Korea.
9. Dinesh.M.S. Delvi.M.R. and Geetha.K.S. 2006. “ Effect of organic forming on species diversity and distribution of earthworms in the selected guava orchards of Bangalore rural districts” Proceedings of International Conference in Zoology, INCOZ-2006, PP.88-104.
10. Dinesh.M.S. Geetha.K.S. 2008. “Seasonal Variation in the physic-chemical parameters of selected lakes in Bangalore” Paper presented in International conference on Molecular mechanisms and system biology, held in 2-4 May 2008, Organised by PESIT, Bangalore.
11. Dinesh.M.S. and. K.S. Geetha. 2007 “Antimicrobial activity of earthworm exudates on important human and plant pathogens”. International Conference on Molecular Mechanism and System Biology, May 2-4, 2008, Organised by PESIT, Bangalore.
12. Dinesh.M.S. and Geetha.K.S. 2008. Fermentation of medicinal plants for enhanced production of vitamins and Minerals using Lactobacillus acidophilus and Saccharomyces cerevisiae. International Conference on Molecular Mechanism and System Biology, May 2-4, 2008, Organised by PESIT, Bangalore.
National Conference Publications:
1. Dinesh.M.S. and Geetha.K.S. 2008. “Antimicrobial activity of earthworm gut protease against important human pathogens”. Paper presented in the 77th annual meeting of Society of biological chemist (India) and national conference on Impact of Basic and Translational Research on Medicine, Agriculture and Industry held between December 17-18, 2008, Organised by Department of Biotechnology, IIT Madras.
2. Dinesh.M.S. and Radha D Kale.2005. “Earthworm component of soil biota”. Paper published in the proceedings of National workshop on Conservation and sustainable management of belowground biodiversity. Published by Kerala Forest Research Institute. Peechy,Kerala,pp.24-60.
3. Dinesh.M.S. 2006. “Urban solid waste management through vermicomposting”. Invited talk published in National seminar on Recent Innovations in Microbiology, RIM 2006. Organised by RVS College of Science, Coimbatore, pp.10-15.
4. Mani.M.Dinesh.M.S. and Krishnamoorthy.A.2002. “Biological control of spiraling whitefly in vegetables”, Published in the Proceedings of International conference on vegetables, Bangalore, Organised by Indian Council of Agricultural Research, New Delhi. Abstract. No.9.pp.16-18.
5. Mani.M. and Dinesh.M.S. 2002. “Natural enemies of spiraling whitefly in Banana” Proceedings of Global conference on Banana, Bangalore, Organised by Horticultural society of India, New Delhi. Abstract No.15.pp 7-9.
6. Dinesh.M.S. Radha D Kale. Geetha.K.S. and Radhakrishna.D.2005. “ Vermicomposting of tobacco crop residue”, Published in the Proceedings of National seminar on vermitechnology, Organised by Mangalore University, Abstract.No.12.pp.11-13.
7.Geetha.K.S. Dinesh.M.S. and Radha D Kale 2006. “Earthworm burrow wall a Micro-Niche for growth of beneficial soil microorganisms” Published in the Proceedings of National Symposium on “Role of Soil biology in Human welfare”, Organised by University of Agricultural Sciences, Bangalore and Ponnaiah Ramajayam College Tanjavore, Abstract No.18.pp12-14.
8. Dinesh.M.S. Delvi.M.R. and Umesh.H.R.2006. “Vermicompost as microbial enricher which inturn influences nutrient levels needed for the plant growth”, Proceedings of national symposium on “Emerging trends and future challenges in Biotechnology” Organised by PES Institute of Technology, Bangalore. Abstract No.15.pp 8-9.
9. Dinesh.M.S. Delvi.M.R. and Geetha.K.S.2006. “ Effect of organic farming on the species diversity and distribution of earthworms in the selected guava orchards” of Bangalore rural district. Published in the Proceedings of International Conference on Zoology, INCOZ 2006, Abstract No.16.pp33.
10. Dinesh.M.S, Geetha.K.S.2007, Delvi.M.R., Rudrammaji. L.M.S., and Sringeshwara A.N., 2007. “Antimicrobial activity in the extract of Phylanthus niruri-colorimetric assay.” Paper published in proceedings of National Conference on Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, Bangalore.
11. Dinesh.M.S., Preeti Panna Mishra,.Anusha Bhoopal, C and Sringeshwara A.N., 2007. “Bacopa –The Miracle Brain Food!” Paper published in proceedings of National Conference on Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, Bangalore.
12. Dinesh. M.S. Anusha Bhoopal.C, Preeti Panna Mishra, and Sringeshwara A.N., 2007. “Estimation of Antimicrobial Activity of Neem using coloritric asay” Paper published in proceedings of National Conference on Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, Bangalore.
13. Dinesh.M.S. Chanakya.H.N. Delvi.M.R. and Ravikiran.T. 2007. “Vermicomposting efficiency of three epegeic earthworms fed with digested biomass from biogas slurry” Paper published in proceedings of National conference on computational biology, bioinformatics and life sciences, organized in Bangalore.
14. Dinesh.M.S. Preetham.K. Shruti Singh and Chanakya.H.N. 2007. “Cytotoxic effect of compost tea against important plant pathogens” Paper published in proceedings of National conference on Computational biology, bioinformatics and life sciences, organized in Bangalore.
15. Dinesh.M.S. and Geetha.K.S.2007. “Biochemical profile of Vermimeal – Its significance in Poultry and Aquaculture”. National conference on Impact of Biotechnology in India, 11-12, September 2007, Organised by S.R.N Adarsh College, Bangalore.
16. Dinesh.M.S.and Geetha.K.S. 2007. “Eco-friendly method for the treatment of diary effluent. 2007”. National Symposium on Innovations in biotechnology, Entrepreneurial opportunities & IPR. 23-25, October 2007, Organised by Sir MVIT, Bangalore.
17. Dinesh.M.S. and Geetha.K.S. 2007. “Isolation, Scrrening and Characterization of cytotoxic peptides from earthworm Eudrilus euginiae (Kinberg) in cell lines”. National Conference on Biotechnology & Clinical Research in India, 7-8 March 2008, Organised by ICBio, Bangalore.
18. Dinesh.M.S.and Geetha.K.S.2007. “Epegeic earthworms as Bioconcentrators of heavy metals”. National Conference on Biotechnology & Clinical Research in India, Organised by 7-8 March 2008, ICBio, Bangalore.
19. Dinesh.M.S. and Geetha.K.S. 2008. “Earthworm coelomocyte culture an effective system or production of fibrinolytic enzyme”. National Conference on Genomics, Proteomics & System Biology, 1-3 October 2008, Organised by Sir MVIT, Bangalore.
20. Dinesh.M.S.and Geetha.K.S.2008. “Antogonestic effect of Fungi Pacilomyces farrinosus against important soil borne plant pathogens”. Paper presented in National conference on Management of plant diseases, 17-19 November 2008, Organised by Indian Society for Plant Pathology, Department of Biotechnology, Mysore University, Mysore.
21. Dinesh.M.S and Geetha.K.S. 2008. “Coelomicfluid of earthworm Eudrilus euginiae . an organic additive to control plant diseases”. Paper presented in National conference on Management of plant diseases, 17-19 November 2008, Organised by Indian Society for Plant Pathology, Department of Biotechnology, Mysore University, Mysore.
22. Dinesh.M.S. and Geetha.K.S. 2009 “Treatment of Biomedical waste using epegeic earthworms” Paper accepted for presentation in Converging Sciences for Quality Life” from 24 to 26 of February 2009, Organised by Mount Carmel College, Bangalore.
23. Mahesh.R.V. Janice.M. and Dinesh.M.S. 2009 “Culturing of Eudrilus euginiae coelomocytes for production of fibrinolytic enzyme” Paper accepted for presentation at national conference SYMBIOT organized by Manipal University, Manipal, India.
24. Geetha.K.S. Dinesh.M.S. and Radha D Kale 2009. “ Vermiwash an organic substitute for phytoharmones in the micropropogation of Stevia rebaudinia” Paper accepted for presentation at National conference on Vermitechnology, Organised by Department of Life Sciences, Viswabharathi University, Kolkatta, India.
25. Dinesh.M.S. Geetha.K.S. and Radha D Kale 2009. “ Assesment of Lead and Cadmium tolerance to Anacic earthworm Pontoscolex Corethrurus” Paper accepted for presentation at National conference on Vermitechnology, Organised by Department of Life Sciences, Viswabharathi University, Kolkatta, India.
26. Dinesh.M.S. Geetha.K.S. Chandana.P.G. and Radha.D.Kale 2011. “Identification and biochemical characterization of microorganisms isolated from vermicomposted biomedical waste”, Paper accepted for publication in the National Conference of Indian Society for Hospital Waste Management, Organised by M.S.Ramaiah Medical College, between 4-6 December 2011.
27.Dinesh.M.S. Chandana.P.G. Krishnamurthy.V. and Radha.D Kale 2012.”Antimicrobial activity of coelomicfluid of earthworm on Staphylococcus” National conference Biopharmaceuticals, Organised by Rajiv Ghandhi University of Health Sciences, Aug.13-15, 2012.
28. Dinesh.M.S. Vaishnavi Venugopal, Venkat Raman, Chandana.P.G. Krishnamurthy.V. and Radha.D Kale 2013. “Fermentation of medicinal herb Gerannium for enhance antioxidants” National conference on green wealth, organized by Mount Carmel college, March.12-14, pp.2-4.
29.Dinesh.M.S. Madhusudhan.D.H. Krishnamurthy.V. and Radha.D Kale 2014. “Extraction of antioxidant molecules from Garuga pinnata for biopharmaceutics” National conference on herbal medicine, organized by Indian Institute of Horticultural Research, Sept.24-26.pp.5-6.
30.Dinesh.M.S. Satya prakash.D.H.,Chavi singh, Krishnamurthy.V. and Radha.D Kale 2015.”Deseign and development of edible film based packing for cookies” paper presented at National conference on food technologies, organized by CFTRI, March,12-13.pp.9-10.
31.Dinesh.M.S.Prajna Bhat, Swathy Shetty, and Krishnamurthy 2016.”Development of ecofriendly technology for treatment of Biomedical Waste”,National conference on Indian Society for Biomedical waste management, Organised by M.S.Ramaiah Medical College, June 22-23.pp7-9.
32.Dinesh.M.S. Suhas.S. Ravindra.R, Praveen and Krishnamurthy.V.2016 “ Standardisation of vermicompost method for treatment of oncampus waste” Presented in National conference on Soil Biology and Ecology, organized by University Agricultural Sciences, Dec.22-23,pp17-19.
Detail of patents. Patent search on novel anticancerous peptides is in progress