The B.E. in Computer Science and Engineering programme is designed to create globally competent manpower for the information and communication technology (ICT) industry. At the same time, it is also designed to prepare the student for post graduate education in the best universities across the globe. These twin objectives are accomplished by including an optimal mix of fundamental theory subjects and practical, current and industry relevant subjects in the scheme of study.
For example, subjects such as data structures, algorithms, finite automata and formal languages, object oriented programming, graph theory and computer organization apart from advanced courses in mathematics such as linear algebra provide a solid foundation in the science of computing. To build on the theoretical foundation, courses such as computer networks, microprocessors, software engineering and Java programming among many others prepare the student not only for the Indian IT industry but also for multinationals and global companies.
Other courses such as database management systems, for instance, provide the student a good mix of theoretical and practical aspects of the particular technology. Such courses have theory and laboratory components that are well integrated throughout the semester. In addition, students choose from a wide array of elective courses in higher semesters to further their competence in their chosen area of specialization such as advanced computer architecture, computer networking, mobile communication, sensor networks and artificial intelligence.
These courses are revised frequently and include current topics such as Web 2.0, data analytics, cloud computing, mobile systems engineering, Web technologies and so on. In addition to the regular curriculum, the students get an opportunity to work as teaching and research assistants under the faculty members who are constantly involved in sponsored research and consulting projects. The scheme also encourages and provides students opportunities to obtain summer internships in reputed companies to make them industry ready.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- Train students in contemporary, cutting-edge technology so as to build capabilities to solve real world problems in the field of Computer Science and Engineering.
- Prepare students for higher education in best universities across the globe in all areas of Computer Science including networking, mobile systems engineering, Web technologies and theoretical computer science.
- Imbibe research culture through research assistantships and projects.
- Create innovative engineers in the field of computer science and information and communication technology.
- Create competent employable manpower for the information technology industry and an academic environment to help inculcate leadership skills and ethical conduct thereby contributing to the well being of the society.
Program Outcomes (POs)
The student will have the ability to:
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and theoretical computational science to the solution of complex computing problems.
- Identify, formulate and analyze complex engineering problems needing computer solutions.
- Provide solutions for computational engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet specified needs with appropriate societal and environmental considerations.
- Evolve solutions to complex computing problems through investigations, research, data mining and analysis, using sound methodologies and processes.
- Select and apply appropriate development model, resources, analytics-based learning and current cutting edge tools and technologies to complex computing systems.
- Understand the impact of professional engineering solutions in local, social and environmental contexts and demonstrate knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
- Demonstrate knowledge of professional and ethical responsibilities while contributing to the growth of the IT industry and society.
- Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with the society at large, such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations and give and receive clear instructions.
- Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning in the broadest context of technological change.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects in multidisciplinary environments.
Campuses Availability :
PES UniversityAffiliation :
+91 80 26721983
+91 80 26722108
PESIT South CampusAffiliation :
080-66186610 / 11