Ph.D., M.Sc. (Engg) by Research and M.Phil degrees.
Part-time opportunities also for teachers and industry professionals.
- Cutting-edge research areas in engineering, science, and management.
- Highly experienced Ph.D. faculty on campus: over 70
- TEQIP/World Bank funding including COE
- Crucible of Research and Innovation (CORI) – for multi-disciplinary research
- Several ongoing funded research projects
- Collaboration with reputed universities and industries
- Fellowship/Scholarship/Financial Assistance available
Available programs :
- Ph.D. and M.Sc. (Engg) in - Civil Engg., Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engg., Mechanical Engg., and Biotechnology.
- Ph.D. in – Management, Maths, Science, and Computer Applications.
- M.Phil. in – Maths and Science
Candidates wishing to pursue research careers in interdisciplinary areas are especially encouraged.
Minimum Qualification :
- Ph.D.: PG and UG degrees with at least 60% marks (or equivalent GPA) at both levels.
- UG Direct Admission: 70 % aggregate marks + research experience & output
- Direct Ph.D.: 4-year UG degree having at least 70% aggregate marks (or equivalent GPA) and demonstrated research credentials.
- M.Sc. (Engg) by Research : UG degree in engineering with at least 60% marks (or equivalent GPA).
- M.Phil.: PG and UG degrees in science with at least 60% marks (or equivalent GPA) at both levels.
- Reservation Categories: 10% relaxation Distance Education Degrees: not recognized
Candidates awaiting final semester PG/UG results are also eligible to apply. Minimum percentage of marks for candidate belonging to SC / ST / Category-I / Physically challenged and any other reserved category as notified by Govt of Karnataka may be relaxed by 10%. Candidates employed in reputed organizations are eligible to apply for part-time research programmes with the approval from their sponsoring organizations.
Application Procedure: Interested and eligible candidates should apply through the prescribed application form available online at www.pes.edu/programs/phd and take the printout of the filled form. The completed application form along with the prescribed fee of Rs.975/- in the form of a Demand Draft and relevant supporting documents (degree certificates, marks cards, etc), THREE letters of recommendations (with at least one each from the undergraduate and post-graduate institutions where the candidate studied), a statement of purpose and prescribed fee. Additionally, a valid GRE / GATE / CAT / UGC / CSIR-NET/ NBHM score or equivalent is preferred. Completed applications should be sent to: Registrar, PES University, 100 Ft. Ring Road, Banashankari 3rd Stage, Bengaluru 560085.
Eligibility for the Award of Ph.D. Degree
- Completion of qualifying examination;
- Credit compliance for course work within the stipulated maximum time duration;
- Successful Title defense;
- Credit compliance for research work within the stipulated maximum time duration;
- Compliance with publications requirement;
- Submission of Synopsis;
- Successful defense of Synopsis;
- Submission of Thesis;
- Successful defense of the Thesis in the open viva-voce;
- Submission of final revised Thesis;
- Minimum duration requirement of THREE years;
- No pending disciplinary action; and no dues of any kind to the University.
1. Cover letter
2. Deg. Certificates–UG/PG, others
3. Photocopies of marks cards, transcripts
4. Statement of Purpose
5. 3 Recommendation Letters (2 from academic references)
6. GRE/GATE/CAT/UGC... scores (optional)
The application enclosing the above documents to be submitted to Registrar.
• Admissions open round the year;
• Processing of applications, quarterly.
1. Submit application with enclosures
2. Meet Registrar, Dean of Research, domain heads, potential Research Supervisors (i.e., guides)
4. Selection by Research Admissions Committee
Candidates with a GRE / GATE / CAT / UGC / CSIR-NET/ NBHM score or equivalent may be given preference