The ever ending technological developments in automotive (self driven road transport vehicles) and aerospace domains, provides challenges enough for multi-disciplinary teams across departments and in related industry to work on cutting edge innovation and research all the way from materials through the process and the product. This domain therefore, is a multidisciplinary center serving research, consulting and training needs for the automobile (automotive and aerospace) industry in general. CARE (Center for Automobile Research and Engineering) focuses on virtual design and engineering, testing and prototyping of typical automobile related applications and associated applied research. Another area of focus is new concept development, invention and innovation. CARE supports the automotive and aero clubs and related activities at PES University. CARE also focuses on green technologies, specifically in electric and hybrid vehicle technologies in collaboration with specific industry partners in this domain.
- Conduct multidisciplinary research and engineering activities for UGs, PGs’s and Phd’s on various challenges of the automobile (automotive and aerospace) industry
- Interface with the automobile industry to work on specific advanced engineering projects related to mechanical, materials, manufacturing, electronics, embedded systems, sensors, battery and related technologies. Creation of a “On Campus platform” for Research, training consulting bringing students, academia and industry together
- Interface with academia and industry through research, consulting and training with the industry, R&D labs and related service providers, to develop industry ready students and supporting faculty to train students in industry specific advanced engineering requirements.
- Focus is also in application of computational mechanics (CAE and CFD) for variety of advanced engineering problems in general engineering industry on need basis.
- Support the automotive and aero clubs at the university
- Patents and IP filings for Innovations at this Centre.
PES University ensures the best in faculty work in well equipped laboratories. Each domain is guided by a domain head with sterling academic credentials and a passion for research and development activities. The domain head leads a research team comprising of members drawn from the faculty who work closely with the students. The key technologies are selected taking into account availability of expertise and potential industry support. The students get a chance to try their hands on the latest software tools.
Research enriches all aspects of teaching and learning in the curriculum. The list of current projects demonstrates the deep domain knowledge of the faculty and competence of the students. Premier organizations have relied on PES University’s talent for active assistance. The guidance provided by the experienced faculty and the well equipped laboratories have ensured successful completion of projects that meet the expectations of the funding organization.
In short span of time the CARE team at PES University has successfully initiated projects independently and in collaboration with other industry and research institutes. At present the funding organizations for this domain are both government and related industries. The vibrant academic environment and a tradition of active participation in technical events have resulted in on-going publications in premier conference proceedings and leading journals.