Green Chemistry research domain aims to develop and implement green and sustainable chemistry and related technologies into new products and processes. The centre aims to associate and administer a number of green chemistry activities in the areas of research, industrial collaborations, development of educational and promotional materials and networking both with academia and industry.
- Develop new cleaner chemical processes to replace environmentally unacceptable methods.
- Apply innovative greener technologies to establish industrial processes.
- Reduce waste through increased reagent and solvent efficiencies.
- Develop environmentally acceptable routes to important organic products.
- Design new environmental friendly materials including those based on renewable resources.