The rapid progress in analog and digital processing of signals for communication, control, and computer systems has made signal processing a key area of research and design. Engineers and scientists are constantly expanding the range of signals which can be sampled and processed and using them for real world applications. Today, the signals of interest can include sound, electromagnetic radiations, sensor, ultrasound, music, image, biomedical, transmission and many more.
Among the current twenty two domains Signal Processing is chosen by virtue of its critical role in realizing wide range of applications.
- Strengthen research related to multidisciplinary signal processing.
- Enhance research work by working on funded projects.
- Publish research papers in the field of signal processing.
PES University ensures the best in faculty work in well equipped laboratories. Each domain is guided by a domain head with sterling academic credentials and a passion for research and development activities. The domain head leads a research team comprising of members drawn from the faculty who work closely with the students. The key technologies are selected taking into account availability of expertise and potential industry support. The students get a chance to try their hands on the latest software tools.
Research enriches all aspects of teaching and learning in the curriculum. The list of current projects demonstrates the deep domain knowledge of the faculty and competence of the students. Premier organizations have relied on PES University’s talent for active assistance. The guidance provided by the experienced faculty and the well equipped laboratories have ensured successful completion of projects that meet the expectations of the funding organization.
In short span of time the Signal Processing Domain at PES University has successfully initiated projects independently and in collaboration with other research institutes. At present the funding organizations for this domain are government organizations. The vibrant academic environment and a tradition of active participation in technical events have resulted in publications in premier conference proceedings and leading journals.
- NRB funded project on Contactless Underwater Battery Charger.
- Indigenous Design and Development of 1kW underwater wireless power transfer system at PES University.
- Design of FPGA based Systems
- Design of Reconfigurable Architectures/Systems
- Wireless Sensor Networks
- Pattern Recognition Algorithms and Applications
- Karthick HS, Nishanth VA and Manikandan J, “Stock Market Prediction using Optimum Threshold based Relevance Vector Machines”, 22nd Annual International Conference on Advanced Computing and Communications (ADCOM), Bangalore, 08 – 10 Sept 2016.
- Manikandan, “Design and Evaluation of Wireless Home Automation Systems”, International Conference on Power Electronics, Intelligent Control and Energy Systems, New Delhi, 04 – 06 July 2016.
- Manikandan, “Design and Evaluation of a Fast Half-Against-Half Support Vector Machine Classifier”, International Conference on Signal Processing and Communications, SPCOM 2016, IISc, Bangalore, 12 – 15 June 2016.
- Manikandan, Vishwanath A, Agrawal VK and Manu Korulla, “Indigenous Design and Development of Underwater Wireless Power Transfer System”, 22nd National Conference on Communications NCC 2016, IIT Guwahati, 04 – 06 March 2016.
- Manikandan J, Shruthi S, Mangala SJ and Agrawal VK, “Design and Implementation of Reconfigurable Coders for Communication Systems”, 2nd IEEE Int. Conf. on VLSI Systems, Architecture, Technology and Applications, 10 – 12 Jan 2016, Bangalore.
Demo and Dissemination Workshop Conducted by PES University Team at Naval Science and Technological Laboratory (NSTL), Vishakapatnam on successful completion of Contactless Underwater Battery Charging Project