Satellite technology has become a flexible and cost effective solution for domestic and international networks irrespective of user’s geographic location. Satellite technology can become a solution for some of the most complicated access problems connecting cities across a large land mass and ‘ringing ‘road’and to the last mile of residences and businesses. With regard to space technology, reliability and miniaturization with minimum power consumption being the prime considerations, requires a kind of special techniques. Reduction of power and weight being the major consideration for any satellite system, emphasis is on to develop various sub-systems of the satellite by optimizing size, weight and power consumption. Developing applications, keeping reduction of cost and size with higher efficiencies is vital to maximizing the benefits.
- To develop configurations for satellites for different applications
- To develop various mainframe/bus technologies for different space applications
- Design and develop efficient miniaturized systems for satellite training facilities for educating students and professionals involved in satellite technologies
- To develop technology and applications of satellites for addressing social needs like education, medicine, disaster management, national security, Search & Rescue
- To design and develop Ground station for tracking and receiving data from satellites
- To provide guidance and develop support for establishing satellite ground stations
- To provide support for space systems development
PES University ensures the best in faculty work in well equipped laboratories. Each domain is guided by a domain head with sterling academic credentials and a passion for research and development activities. The domain head leads a research team comprising of members drawn from the faculty who work closely with the students. The key technologies are selected taking into account availability of expertise and potential industry support. The students get a chance to try their hands on the latest software tools.
Research enriches all aspects of teaching and learning in the curriculum. The list of current projects demonstrates the deep domain knowledge of the faculty and competence of the students. Premier organizations have relied on PES University’s talent for active assistance. The guidance provided by the experienced faculty and the well equipped laboratories have ensured successful completion of projects that meet the expectations of the funding organization.
The Satellite Technologies at PES University has successfully initiated projects independently and in collaboration with other research institutes. At present the funding organizations for this domain are government organizations. The vibrant academic environment and a tradition of active participation in technical events have resulted in publications in premier conference proceedings and leading journals.